Utah Certified Development Company
Utah CDC is a Certified Development Company (CDC), authorized by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to serve the Utah Small Business Community. Working as a partner with the SBA and a private-sector lender, we assist small businesses in financing up to 90% of the purchase of long-term fixed assets, such as land, building (existing and new construction), and equipment.
The SBA 504 Loan Program’s purpose is to contribute to the economic development of the community through job creation and contribution to public policy goals.
The public policy goals are:
- Business District Revitalization
- Expansion of Exports
- Expansion of minority business development
- Rural development
- Enhanced economic competition
- Restructuring because of federally mandated standards or policies
- Changes necessitated by federal budget cutbacks
- Expansion of small business concerns owned and controlled by veterans
- Expansion of small business concerns owned and controlled by women
Utah CDC shares a common goal with the State of Utah to improve the economic
well-being of its residents.
Utilizing the SBA 504 Loan Program, we assist in:
- Retention and expansion of existing employers
- Recruitment of new employers
- The creation of new businesses
- The stimulation of new basic job creating investment
Second, we wish to assist new businesses/employers who have sound financial and management skills in order to increase the overall business base.